Old August 24th 14, 08:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ant[_3_]

Default Ink cartridges with old dates?

On 8/24/2014 8:34 AM PT, Hactar typed:

I rarely print. Maybe a few pages per month. Hence, why I had this
almost two/2 years old ink cartridge. I managed to get HP to mail me a
replacement for free.

My last inkjet (HP Deskjet 1200C) used separate cartridges, and they
would crust over if you didn't print at least a few pages per month.
The last time, I couldn't get the cartridges to come back. I made a file
with full-sheet grids in C, M, Y, and K (offset so I could see them
individually), and printed that a bunch of times. No dice.

Wow. I print more black than colors for my printings. For me, my
printer just refuses to use the cartridge and told me to re(place/move)
it.
--
"Ants can lift up to 50 times their own weight. And your monitor is
missing. Time to bring out the bugspray." --BBspot's Geek Horoscopes