Old June 29th 18, 08:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default HDD ratings

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 21:51:58 -0500, Charlie Hoffpauir
wrote:

I happen to have 3 3TB Segate drives in service now, two active in the
computer, one outside used as backup via an Icydock slot. So far no
problem with any of them... been in service from 1.5 to .5 years.
However, when one goes, I'm hoping they don't all fail at the same
time, because they really back up portions of each other. Anyway, a
4th Seagate 4 TB backs up everything every other week.
Yes, I am paranoid.

Same thing here, as I bet on duplicate only backups, that two drives
containing the same material cannot fail with probability
simultaneously from disparate usage conditions, so your 4T is an
additional secure measure. I think of it as cheap, but that depends
on the individual value given what's written;- Besides nearest to the
same price for optical media, only no unreasonable laser-writing
bottleneck speeds, which keeps platters as the only game in town.

I mean how many times can industry hold up a solid-state drive for
promotion for speeding up, like something new, that old laptop?