Old May 26th 18, 10:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Eli the Bearded

Default Commodore MPS 1230 Dot Matrix Printer under GNU/Linux

In comp.periphs.printers, Anonymous wrote:
I used to have a Commodore 64 with an MPS 1230 printer. 25 years later
the printer is still working, and I wondered whether it could work with
a modern GNU/Linux distribution, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver amd64 in
this case. Long story short, with the right settings it works perfectly!

Twenty-five years later? Are your sure you don't mean thirty-five?

As for the supplies, 11*24 cm fan fold or continuous form paper is easy
to find, and for the ink ribbon it seems that the Olivetti 82556 Nylon

I must confess, I have not seen fan-fold paper in a long time. Your idea
of "easy to find" might be different than mine. But just the other day I
was looking at a store window display where the shop keeper had printed
single letter per page sheets and taped them to the window and thought
how this is such a step backwards from fan-fold printed banners.

Well, that’s it. Hope this will be useful to others. Needless to say
feel free to correct my mistakes.

I'm glad someone is doing this, but it isn't the project for me. Thanks
for the post, I enjoyed reading it.

Elijah
------
buys cartons of paper for his laser printer regularly