Old January 10th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 & 1790

Scriveva Nick Le Lievre luned́, 09/01/2006:
Hi I had a working machine with a 3.2gb IDE hard drive on the primary and a
Sony DVD rom on the secondary. I removed the Sony drive and since then I've
been getting the error 1790 Disk 0 error. The BIOS now detects it as a 2110mb
drive and if I tried booting to DOS from floppy fdisk says it can't talk to
the fixed disk. There is no way of setting the disk up in the F10 setup and I
have no other setup disks what do I need to do to get it to change the drive
settings. Reply to group or email lid
(remove invalid)

Try to enter into your bios and set disable for the secondary eide and
disable for primary slave. Auto to master primary. Into eide HD set
MASTER (no cable selector).

Let me know

Thank you for your photos... but you have a desktopPRO with P2, not P3,
so you have a standard 20pins ATX, not the Compaq 24pins ATX

--
Le dimensioni forse non sono importanti per le donne, ma sono
essenziali per le vagine!