Old January 9th 06, 04:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 & 1790

Nick Le Lievre wrote...

Hi I had a working machine with a 3.2gb IDE hard drive on the primary and a
Sony DVD rom on the secondary. I removed the Sony drive and since then I've
been getting the error 1790 Disk 0 error. The BIOS now detects it as a

2110mb
drive and if I tried booting to DOS from floppy fdisk says it can't talk to

the
fixed disk. There is no way of setting the disk up in the F10 setup and I

have
no other setup disks what do I need to do to get it to change the drive
settings. Reply to group or email lid

(remove
.invalid)

I even tried putting the Sony drive back in the system and setting the hard
drive from cable select to master (even though it was on its own on the primary
controller) but to no avail same thing if I connect it to the secondary
controller. I hate Compaqs gimme a custom built PC anyday! Help!