Old January 9th 06, 04:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 & 1790

Hi I had a working machine with a 3.2gb IDE hard drive on the primary and a
Sony DVD rom on the secondary. I removed the Sony drive and since then I've
been getting the error 1790 Disk 0 error. The BIOS now detects it as a 2110mb
drive and if I tried booting to DOS from floppy fdisk says it can't talk to the
fixed disk. There is no way of setting the disk up in the F10 setup and I have
no other setup disks what do I need to do to get it to change the drive
settings. Reply to group or email lid (remove
invalid)