Old December 27th 05, 05:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default compaq Desktop pc info required

Looked for info on hp/compaq site- warranty info came back as follows
Product number 470002-372
Product line Commercial Desktop PCs
Product description ENS/C600/10e/8/64
Date of warranty check 26 Dec 2005

The case for the comp is a small desktop, full size cdrom+hdd+fdd
Been digging around some more in the case and it has a celeron 600mhz cup,
and 3 sticks of 64( could be updated later), and a 10gig hdd. The case
itself is quite cool ( well ive never seen one like it), at the front is the
hdd,cd-rom and fdd, all in a cage. The whole cage is on a hinge so can be
pulled away revealing the cpu underneath. the same is for the powersupply at
the rear. there is also a small cage with a board holding 3pci slots
horizontally, which plugs into the mainboard through what looks like a pci
slot to me.

The cpu socket has pga370a on it.

Should it handel 512 as a single stick or best to split it between the 3
slots?

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message
The computer would appear to be a DeskPro ENS model. The C600, 10e, and
64
refer to the configuration as originally shipped with Celeron 600, 10GB
disk
drive and 64MB of memory.

The system should handle up to 512MB of memory. For sure, the fastest
processor
would be a fairly rare 766MHz Celeron. Depending on the exact model,
faster
CPUs are possible. I have successfully put 20GB drives into DeskPros from
this
era, and I think a 40GB would work.

Can you describe the dimensions of computer? Is the CD-ROM drive a
typical
desktop type or a smallish one often used in laptops? Knowing a little
more
about the computer will help.

You may be able to find service information still available on the HP web
site.
Search for DeskPro ENS... Ben Myers

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:25:29 -0000, "me" wrote:

i have aquired (legally) a desktop pc from a college due to upgrades. It
has
a celeron 600mhz processor and a 10 gig hd. I can not find any model
numbers
as such on the case but it does have a sticker with the following:
ENS/C600/10e/8/64

I assume that c600 is the model number?
My question is, what is the biggest hard disk this system will support,
the
fastest processor and the max ram ( has 3 slots and system shows as a
total
of 192 so prob got 3 sticks of 64) it will support? had a look on compaq
site but can find nothing using the ENS tag from above...
Also does anyone have a pdf manual for the hardware?

Cheers
harvy