Old May 27th 04, 06:29 AM
Robert Myers

George Macdonald wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2004 00:21:32 GMT, Robert Myers
wrote:

What do you do when you're having competitive problems with your main
product and there is no guaranteed relief in sight?

You change the subject. At least, that's what I infer Intel to be doing
with Grantsdale:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...h/news/2591485

Hmm, Centrino for the desktop? All they need is a name for the "package"
now. Any guesses... anybody?

Since picking a brand name is a big deal these days (there are IP issues
with practically any name you can think of), and since there is so
little time, one suspects that Intel is going to have to do without. If
this weren't a hurry-up job, they'd have a brand name ready and we'd
have been exposed to it dozens of times by now. Think of the marketing
barrage that preceded Centrino.

Where do they get this stuff: "Because the chip set incorporates features
like Dolby audio and advanced 3-D video previously found only in add-on
cards..."?

They get it from the press release, one gathers. I haven't yet found
the culpable press release on Intel's site, though.

Wot a loada BULL****! Intel plays catch-up and a buncha
anal...ysts drop their drawers in public!!! How embarrassing.

You worry me sometimes. Can't you just relax and enjoy the show? :-).

RM