Old May 5th 04, 10:42 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

My post was not to suggest that there were 3 devices on an IDE cable, but
was made to show 2 possible inaccurate interpretations of floppy drives on
an IDE cable. Call it splitting hairs, but it seems like a signicicant
difference to me.

LC

"Impmon" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 May 2004 03:38:04 -0500, "NuT CrAcKeR"
wrote:

Based on those two exceptions, as they are by no means "standard"

equipment
on most consumer models of machines, we can see where a device that

could
even remotely be mistaken for a floppy disk could rightfully be found on

40pin cable.

I'm still pretty sure you can't have more than 2 IDE drives to the
same cable. So even if it was an LS120 or Zip drive, 3 isn't quite
possible.

FWIW there are 2 versions of 100MB Zip drive. The original one used
nonstandard design and required special driver to make it work and the
newer version used standard IDE protocol and can work.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net