Old May 5th 04, 09:38 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

See, mr teletubbie64 ...

Actually, there is 1 way, and possilby 2, to get a floppy drive to work on a
40pin IDE cable, and controller.

The first that I am absolutely positive of ... is if that drive is an LS120
drive. While not strictly a floppy drive, it will do 1.44 floppies, and
120M disks. To the neophyte, the LS120 can easily be mistaken for a floppy
from just looking at the outside of the computer. It runs on the IDE ribbon
cable. I can provide pictures for those who have not seen them... I am using
2 of them in my computers now.

The second, and this one I am not sure about because I have never done it,
would be if that 'floppy" drive was actually a Zip drive. I am not sure
about the old Zip 100, but I do know that the Zip 250 comes in an ATAPI
(read as IDE) model Again, it would be utter ignorance to confuse the two.

Based on those two exceptions, as they are by no means "standard" equipment
on most consumer models of machines, we can see where a device that could
even remotely be mistaken for a floppy disk could rightfully be found on a
40pin cable.

(anyone that thinks this guy is a superstar should check the
a.s.pc-clone.compaq.servers group... I kill filed this genius.)

LC (aka NuTs)

"tele64" wrote in message
. ..
HH, I don't get it....my nephew has 3 drives connected; 2 CDRW drives and
one floppy.....all with one ribbon cable!

"HH" wrote in message
You cannot. Only 2 drives per IDE controller.
HH

"tele64" wrote in message
. ..
Where can I buy a 3 drive (plus the motherboard connect) 40Pin ribbon

cable?

thanks in advance,

tele64