Old September 20th 20, 06:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter Johnson[_5_]

Default Apparent PSU problem

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 23:37:39 -0400, Paul
wrote:

If the PG line, pin 8 was blinking or dim, that would be ample reason
to change out the PSU for a new one, I believe you are doing the right
thing.

+1

I don't know about the current state of things but it used to be that
because a psu tested ok didn't mean that it was ok. I once paid a
computer shop £5 to test a psu that had been in a problematic system.
It was OK said the shop owner. So I sold it on eBay, fortunately to
someone who lived not far away, who put it in his system and found
that it wouldn't power up. (Over a few months I had changed everything
in that system to try and fix random restarts. The psu was the last
item. It hadn't been a cheap one, either.)