Old October 12th 18, 04:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

Default USB stick that's bootable has TWO names

You know what I mean. The boot sector on the USB, which was formatted with "Rufus" freeware to make it bootable, is tiny, a few hundred kB, but has a name. Then the main USB, which is large, say 15 GB, has another name. Reformatting each USB will wipe them clean, but how do you 'combine' them into one USB partition? Even a non-quick,complete format does not wipe out the 'boot sector' of the USB.

Annoying more than anything. I renamed the boot sector "dontUse" and that was that, but, should I play around with maybe reformating as FAT rather than NTFS? Or what's the hack?

Not a big deal, just curious.

RL