Old December 12th 12, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
JRosen

Default WIA-compliant scanner driver for Canon MX700 on Windows 7

This question is more about software than about hardware but here goes: The Computer Manager window of my Windows 7 laptop contains a device labeled "Canon MX700 Ser" (I have a Canon MX700 multifunction) and Canon's documentation identifies ScanGear, the one-and-only scanner driver invoked from MP Navigator Ex (the Canon-supplied scanner software), as TWAIN-compliant. However, I can also operate the MX700's scanner from "Windows FAX and Scan," so there must be a WIA-compliant scanner driver somewhere in the laptop. This begs two questions:
1) Is there just one scanner driver ("Canon MX700 Ser") in the laptop which is both WIA- and TWAIN-compliant?
2) Or has Canon supplied two scanner drivers, one TWAIN-compliant and the other WIA-compliant?

Thanks in advance for any help in answering these questions.

JRosen