Old September 15th 20, 12:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default pr problem

Yes wrote:
Within the last few weeks, the screen will go blank literally for a
second or two when I'm using my pc. I'll be at a web site, and all of
a sudden the screen blanks (turns dark), no error messages. A second
or two later, the image reappears as if nothing had happened. AFAICT,
there is no interruption in the stream from the site nor any shutdown
of the browser (Firefox latest version) itself. It may happen once
every several hours. I am not familiar with this type of problem, so
am asking for suggestions about what the problem might be. Please keep
suggestions simple - my skills and interests are limited to replacing
stuff, not equipment testing.

The motherboard is an ASUS B150M-A bought in 2016. The CPU is an Intel
i3-6100 CPU with stock cooler and 8 GB RAM (Corsair DDR4-2133 and
compatible for the m/b). I do not have a graphics card. The built-in
video component of the CPU has been sufficient for what I do with the
pc - surf the net. I have not noticed any problems with boot up or
with shut down. The O/S is Windows 10 Home edition. That's it for my
pc.

Thanks,

John

Replace the MSFT-provided Intel video driver, with a later
version from the downloadfinder.intel.com (or whatever it's
called today) download site. Google for

site:intel.com i3-6100 video driver

and see what intel.com domains pop up in reply.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...ache-3-70-GHz-

What you're seeing is VPU recovery - the video has stopped
responding, and it could be the driver that is slightly
borked. It could also be the video/GPU itself, but... less likely.

I've had stuff like this in the pass. On average,
it takes three video driver versions, until you
"find a good one".

Paul