Old April 13th 17, 11:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default Automatic wire strippers!

John Doe wrote:

Sorry, forgot to unwrap...

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-VISE-GR...+Wire+Stripper

Great for at home where you can have gobs of tools available in several
toolboxes or at a workbench or cabinets. When travelling, I just have
what fits in the one toolbox in my car so just the essential tools are
in there. I use the wire cutter in a needle nose pliers to crimp (dent)
around the insulation and then use the cutter to grip (not cut) the
insulation to yank it off. The insulation breaks off at the crimp spot.
My father's company was into construction, HVAC, electrical, and I saw
this same technique by his electricians and where I learned it. Never
needed to use anything more although I do have a more fancy one at home
that I'll use when I'm there - unless it would take too long to hike
over to that toolbox hoping to dig into the right one.