Old April 13th 17, 05:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Automatic wire strippers!

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 23:17:48 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Wish I had had one
decades ago. Would have saved so much time and tremendous
amount of hassle.

Regular wire strippers with 4 or 5 slots for gauges aren't much a
hassle. Besides oddball sizing which require a delicate touch, even
if with a razor to first prime the strip, where an auto-stripper also
might as easily fault. Think delicate earphone wires and other sorts
of machine-processed options, where ground may almost be a part of
the insulation or possibly sprayed on. I've a huge roll of old TELCO
junction box network wire (for routing commercial telephone arrays):
small but tight stuff, with very tough insulation over sturdy enough
copper thickness. Good stuff for scabbing into today's materials,
which and when go wrong for the sake of cost-cutting fabrications.

An set of X-ACTO blades, a heavy and light handle, regular wire
strippers, and three or four pin-point pick probes for working out
what's what under a third-hand magnifier. (Auto wire strippers are
verge industrialized, optional like tip-controlled soldering stations
when working on miniature PCB setups lit up under a x20 stereoscopic
microscope. Peaches and cream, I suppose, for that 40-watt 6L6 hifi
tube amplifier project -- though not really in the same league with
rough&ready scabbers.)