Old January 17th 05, 01:20 AM
Hans Wankle

Default Linksys NIC

I have an older Linksys LNE100TX Ver.2 network card that I bought in the Windows98 days. I have been using the onboard network card on my one year old Asus board. It stopped working. When I checked there were no lights showing connection or activity. Rather than RMA the board I just installed the Linksys card, installed the drivers, and it showed up in Windows as working. However it will not access my ISP when set to auto detect or manual settings. Since this is an older card Linksys does not have XP drivers for it. I tried Windows2000 drivers but without success. I finally installed an eight year old card I had and it installed perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas why the Linksys
want work on my XP system? Thanks