Old January 11th 04, 11:52 AM
Henk R Stap

John,

Yes, I have downloaded all the latest drivers and utilities from the Toshiba
and Linksys sites.

Henk
"John Doue" wrote in message
Henk R Stap wrote:

Recently I bought a wireless card for my (old) laptop,which is a Toshiba
Satellite 460CDT. The wireless card is a Linksys WPC54G. Installing the
SW/drivers from the CD-rom went without any problem. After the card is
installed the PC is restarted and the card is recognised and proper

drivers
(Wireless G-adapter) is loaded. Sofar no problem looks like. However

after
starting the Linksys utitlity to configure the card the PC hangs and can
only be restarted with thereset button. Initially the PC was running W98

and
W98SE. Recently I installed Windows ME. All have the same behaviour.

Also
the bios have been upgraded, also without result. The PCMCIA setting in

the
bios have been set to cardbus, otherwise the card is not recognised i.e.
power led no not switched on. I have run out of options. Played a bit

with
the interrupt settings of the PCI bus. The result was that the Linksys
utility would start up and it indicates (incorrectly) that the card is
working. However selecting an option makes the PC hang again. Anyone who

can
help here??

Thanks,
Henk

Have you checked on the Linksys site for the latest configure utility?
My card's (55WPC) utility works fine on 2K but refuses to open the
profiles TAB in XP. Had to do configuration in the registry...

Regards

--
John Doue