Old May 11th 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Alex Mizrahi

Default Best Multi-chip multi-core mobo question

(message (Hello 'GT)
(you :wrote n '(Fri, 11 May 2007 11:36:15 +0100))
(

G I too am a software engineer and I can say my recent upgrade to dual
G core was a waste of time for software development. Visual Studio 2005
G doesn't make use of both cores during a compile

it can do that if you compile more than one project (if your solution
contains lots of projects, that happens really frequently).
other build tools can use multiple cores too. you can use Incredibuild for
MSVC builds.

if you use 'make' for builds, you can set 'concurrency' paramters to
parallel build process as much as you wish.

)
"I am everything you want and I am everything you need")