Old December 3rd 06, 02:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
ZR

Default Printing to a net printer?

Hi all,

I have a Laserwriter 16/600PS that is connected to my lan
with ethernet. I also have a Windows 2000 Pro machine
that I have to get to print to this thing. How do I determine
the IP address of the printer? and How do I set up 2K
to print to the thing?

The IP address of the printer is usually assigned by the router and you
should be able to find it in your router. Your router needs to be setup to
automatically assign address to device.

In windows, just go to "Add Printer = Network Printer = Browse", you
should see your printer listed on the network, assuming it's connected and
setup (automatically) properly.

Your printer driver installation disc should have a way to find it.