Old May 16th 04, 09:51 AM
Junkmailraus

Default Slightly off Topic...

My problem is that an ex-roommate of mine did something to my computer which I
have no idea how to remedy. The result of his vandallism is that before, I was
able to use two hardrives on the IDE1 gray strap, but now it will only work
with one drive at a time. IDE2 still allows two CDs to operate.

Where do I start here? Is it missing a jumper or something like that? I've
tried setting the BIOS to the default values, etc, but nothing has yet worked.
Does anyone have a clue what he could have done quickly to produce such
results???

Thanks in advance for your efforts. Depending on the hard drive I use, I'm
running either W2K-P or XP-P operating systems. I have an IBM compatable with
a Pentium 2 processor, I think. It runs at 333 MHz and I don't know what else
to tell you about it. I haven't a clue how to identify the motherboard for
you. For this reason, I haven't been able to search the net for answers.

Thanks again.