Old April 10th 08, 03:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
steve7132

Default Compaq Presario S4214BD

I was wondering if Someone might have the recovery disk for this
sytem. I am trying to help someone bring life back to their virus
infected computer. When the computer boots, it says that it cannot
start because the following file is missing or corrupt :
\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM

then goes on to say you can attempt to repair this file by starting
windows setup using the original setup cd-rom.
select 'r' at the first screen to start repair

The problem is the person who owns the computer, no longer has that
disk

They do however have the cd key for the original disk, but not the
disk itself...anyone have any Ideas as to how I can achieve this...