Old May 11th 07, 05:36 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
johannes

Default This is how to do it

Dr Teeth wrote:

I am not going to name the company involved in this story unless they
refuse my refund. I have already purchased a suitable domain for the
whole story...see later.

This company behaved in an illegal and unsatisfactory way IMHO.

I bought a wireless router that would drop the PPP connection and not
automatically reconnect.

My two other routers and my (new) current one behave perfectly.

I completed a returns form three days after receiving the new router
and they replied, "On this item we need confirmation from the
manufacturer that the product is faulty. This should not be a complex
process. Please call the manufacturers technical support on xxxx xxxx.
They should be able to provide a returns number that we require. In
all cases please take the name of the person you speak to and update
us on the conversation".

Seems fair enough. As vendor told you: "This should not be a complex
process". Why start by mistrusting the vendor before you know?