Old February 5th 06, 06:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default building 2nd sys. need help.

A couple of suggestions:

If you want an ATI graphics card, I'd suggest the X1900XT over the X1800XT.
They cost about the same, but the X1900XT is supposed to have significantly
better performance. (The X1900XTX wouldn't be worth the extra money for most
people.) Google will find more reviews than you could read. Here's one:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2679

The A64 4400+ is a better price/performance deal than the 4800+.

"Dan" wrote in message

"Chris Hill" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 22:25:54 -0500, "Dan" wrote:

Anything you build has potential problems. The components look fine,
so that should reduce the possibility, but nothing except buying at a
store with many units in stock and a great return policy will
eliminate the possibility of problems.

Thanks, that was the issue I wondering about , that all the items listed
would work well together or not. That was a big problem with the first
system I bought, everything was good except that I ordered the wrong CPU
cooling fan for the AMD Athlon 1.33GHz Cpu that I bought and did know
something was wrong till I put it together and started using it and found
out real fast that I had a really bad problem with heat and almost smoked
the CPU in the first 3 min of playing a game on the system. I'm just
trying to avoid that problem again this time LOL.
Thanks