Old September 26th 17, 06:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Hard Disk Slow Down After Image Recovery

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:45:14 -0400, John B. Smith
wrote:

I am suspicious of that SATA cable to the motherboard. I lost my
little workroom and tinkering with my computer mechanically is very
awkward now, so swaping cables is not my favorite thing to do

It gets worse over time. ...first comes leaving them to lie, on their
sides for stability and a wider platform and ease, just to work off;-
then invariable comes an actual side-panel -- why should I bother to
put that back;- I'm only going to be doing something else inside it,
later tomorrow, maybe a day, or two, even a week after.

Why, yes, I decidedly remarked to myself, 'why not,' as I got out my
heaviest-duty metal shears to cut off half a side off of rolled-steel
from the HDD cage, inside one of my cases. (God forbid it wasn't my
premier all-aluminum Antec ... well, at least it hasn't happened yet.)
It's all perfectly justified, you see: I have a garage with no cars
parked inside. Only tools on an entire side-length, beside an empty
car's width, with plenty enough room to work. It's where, on one
wall, I keep a 4ft.x4ft. table with fold-in metal legs. Which I bring
through an adjacent door sometimes to set both computers up, 5x5,
side-by-side. Oh, yeah. It's get-down time.