Old January 23rd 11, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
johns

Default "Internet ready" blueray dvd players question

The DSL standard only allows for one DSL modem per telephone line. *Hook
two of them up with some kind of telephone splitter and neither will
work correctly, if at all.

That's what I kind of figured. I'm not on telephone.
I'm on cableTV, which means my DSLmodem is
a "cable" DSLmodem. Regardless, one modem is
one modem. Meaning, I have to go Blueray box
to DSLmodem .. and probably I need a router
with at least 2 switch inputs .. and then to the
modem. The router would take the 2 wireless
modules unless the router was already wireless
.... and then I wonder if the Blueray box could
include wireless .. which I doubt.

Ideally then, I'm shopping for an Internet Ready
HDTV which includes a small PC inside it ...
a wireless NIC .. and if I don't use a router to
share my cable DSLmodem, I need a multi-
port wireless router with RJ45 inputs to network
my laptop, PC, and IRHDTV. Hoooot ! That's
a pile of junk on the table. If no IR-HDTV, then
I need the external Blueray "computer" DVD
player .. hopefully wireless .. or 2 wireless
modules to talk to the router.

I think I'll stick to my game box PC which
has an Nvidia GTX 275 card, and just stream
Netflix to my 24 inch 16:9 lcd monitor. Then
get a whopping big HDTV and be done with it.

Must be a bunch of mad buyers out there
who don't realize what they are getting in to.

johns