Old November 27th 04, 05:42 AM
Jim

Yes a ground problem, get a yard of turf and a piece of copper wire and run
the copper wire from your computer to the turf.
If this does not work, try turning the line in, or other sliders bars down
until until the hiss goes. click on the speaker icon and adjust all sliders,
I suspect you will have to go to options in volume control, properties,
record, and see what channel is causing the hiss.
wrote in message ...
I found the problem. It was likely ground related. I found out that
the problem was with the cable that was connected to the amplifier to
use FM stations. It works now well with computer OR cable but not both
together. That's OK with me.

Gil

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:06:22 -0400, gilles
wrote:

Trying to connect my Live to my stereo system (Harmon-Kardon amp -
good quality), I always get a HUMMMM. The sound goes through but I
have to listen to that hum. Using the headphone sound is clear.
I have updated driver. Am using 1/8 inch outlet to the two 1/4 in
(name???) connectors on amplifier. When I use this setup with a small
stereo system I don't get the hum. I am really confused.

Thanks in advance.

Gil

---