Old December 14th 09, 09:08 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Default Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

JD wrote:
THEO@TO. wrote:
For years I've been taking .jpgs and pasting them in WordPad
documents and thought it was a great thing to be able to do it.
I've done hundreds of documents like that and never had any
problems. But now all of a sudden they don't show the pictures or
even the text anymore, but instead it's just a bunch of symbols
like y's with dots over them and rectangular blocks, etc... Can
anyone explain what happened and how to make it work the way it
did before?

I'm not a big fan of wordpad cant say I use it much but it sound's like
the strange letters and symbols you are seeing are the CODE of the JPG
file, the only thing I can think of is that if it is saving it as .txt
file; then a .txt file can only contain text, make sure you are saving
as .rtf or .doc.

Theres a Free Word processor package out there called OpenOfice.org,
which can read and write to Microsoft files as well as many others
including PDF if you write a lot of text you might be better off with
this instead.

JD

Woops, reply to the wrong post a few minutes ago.
Again:
I have xp sp3, copy in PAINT and then paste in Wordpad worked for me.
Dragging the file into Wordpad did not work for me, it only left the
name of the file in a drag frame.