Old August 1st 06, 12:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
DaveW

Default WD Hard Drive Size Issue

Windows XP can ONLY recognize harddrive sizes up to 137 GB unformatted UNTIL
you load SP2.

--
DaveW

"Carl Lucas" wrote in message
Have a Dell Dimension 8300 desktop. Just installed a Western Digital 160
gig hard drive without any problems. An issue is that the set up shows
the drive as 160 gig. However in Windows it shows it as a 126 gig.
What's with that?

After I installed it I went to "Control Panel", "Administrative Tools",
"Computer Management", "Disk Management". There it showed the drive as
126 gig. Of course I had to format it so I did.

So why is it shown as 126 and not 160?