Old December 28th 04, 01:27 AM
Jerry G.

Unless you have the lab setup, and tech knowledge, you will have to accept
the information on the spec sheet. These manufactures, from our experience
do not lie. You are always better off if you are planning to buy a very big
brand name, and pay the few extra dollars. I have no idea about the low end
brands.

I have been reading that the faster LCD monitors have a more critical
viewing angle. I myself would stick to the regular one, and save the cost
difference.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Noozer" wrote in message
LCD manufacturers love to lie about the specs of their monitors. How does
one get the real lowdown on the specifications of an LCD monitor?

Are there any tricks to look for? Any test that can be done?

- Is 16ms really 16ms or is it (out of 1000 monitors, the fastest was
16ms?)
- How many colours can the monitor really produce?
- How can one measure the contrast ratio?

Basically, if I buy an LCD and it doesn't meet spec I want to be able to
toss it back into the resellers/manufacturers face. Better yet would be
class action lawsuit against the lying manufacturer.