Old November 1st 03, 09:44 PM
BT

Possible longshots related to your Win XP problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/view/tn.asp?kb=302853

"Bob Schor" wrote in message
Thanks. I had, of course, read this information from LinkSys. My
problem does NOT have to do with WEP. I repeat, I have three Dell
laptops running (respectively) Win98, Win2K, and WinXP. All three
have the same WPC11 (though they are of different "vintages"). The
problem is not related to the particular WPC11, as I can swap these
cards and the problem persists.

To restate the problem, all three machines can connect to the access
point without any problem. The access point, in turn, is connected to
an "always-on DSL" line that does not need PPPoE. The Win98 and Win2K
systems stay "live" forever. The WinXP system will work for 10-30
minutes, then the connection to the Internet seems to drop (if one
runs the LinkSys configuration utility, it shows an excellent signal
to the WAP, but no connection to the Internet). To fix this problem,
I have to run upstairs and put the "reset" button on the WAP.

Again, this ONLY happens on the Dell Inspiron 1100 running Windows XP.
I believe this is a "feature" of either the 1100 or of XP.

Bob Schor