Old February 5th 05, 12:36 PM
Martin Pick

"JJO" wrote in message
The OP is right, the manual does indeed state that this mb supports
800/533/400. Just a couple of thoughts though. Do you have the CPU fan
connected to the CPU fan connector on the MB? If I read the manual
correctly, using 333 RAM is only allowed on DDR 1 and 2. You can only use
all 3 RAM sockets if using 266 RAM. Also are you sure that the MB is not
grounding against the case at some point? Check all of the standoffs and
be sure that nothing is touching the MB at a point where it could chassis
ground, a ground that is obviously not supposed to be grounded.

And FWIW:

http://www.asrock.com/support/CPU_Su...ort_P4VT8+.htm

Now having stated the support for the FSB speeds in my post did you see
the notes on that web page...to repost:

P4VT8+ Motherboard that has either the Prescott 800 support sticker on
motherboard or the Prescott 800 giftbox sticker on the giftbox pack ONLY
supports Prescott FSB800 CPUs .
P4VT8+ Motherboard that has both Prescott 800 and Prescott 533 two support
stickers on motherboard and both Prescott 800 and Prescott 533 two
giftbox stickers on the giftbox pack supports both Prescott FSB800 and
FSB533 CPUs.

Regards,
John O.

thanks john, you`ve solved my problem. i do indeed have the board that only
supports prescott 800MHz chips regardless of what the very rubbish manual
says. Many thanks.