Old February 14th 04, 05:30 AM
JAD

Been there done that,, ;^0 glad you got it...

"Roy Smith" wrote in message ...
Dumb and dumber, that's me! JAD was right, it was turned off in the Bios. I
checked everything but the obvious, works fine now. Thanks JAD and everyone
else, can always depend on help (and a "wake-up call") here.
Roy
"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
BIOS you have read /write turned off for the floppy

wrote in message

I have a strange problem with a new floppy drive I installed. It is a
Teac 3.5, 144MB and the cables are installed correctly. As a matter of
fact, the drive will read floppys, but when I try to format, or write
to a floppy I get a "disk write protected" error. It does this with
any brand of floppy with the "write protect" tab open or closed. Win
XP Device Mgr. tells me that the drive and controller are working
properly. Any one have any ideas?