Old August 23rd 15, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
PeterN[_2_]

Default Problem saving screen profile file.

On 8/22/2015 11:05 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:01:44 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

OOPS!

OOPS!!

BREAKING NEWS: I've made my way further up the DataColor help-desk
tree and I have just been told by a more senior member that the new
Spyder 5 is not compatible with Windows ***7***. He has not yet
explained why.

I have told him that after more than a year of working satisfactorily
Spyder 4 suddenly started having the same problem in June this year.

I have asked him whether this problem extends to Windows 10. It will
be interesting to hear his answer.

He assures me it will run on Windows 10. So here goes ...

MORE BREAKING NEWS: Installing Windows 10 has made little significant
difference to the behaviour of Spyder on my machine.

There is a difference: whereas before the error was
SaveFileUsingICM.DeleteFile failed [... it is now
SaveProfileUsingICM.InstallColorProfile failed [....

Aah - The march of science. :-(

I've think I've gone as far as I can with this one. It soon will be
time for me to change screen calibrating hardware.

I suspect that Datacolor will try to correct the issue. At my last
calibration, before the monitor died, I used Spyder for color correction.

--
PeterN