Old September 12th 16, 12:09 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default is my C drive dying?

In message , Ken Blake
writes:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 19:50:04 -0400, Wolf K

On 2016-09-10 19:25, Ken Blake wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 23:12:45 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

My main computer (this one) doesn't have an optical drive either.

Is it a laptop? If not, why doesn't it have one?

It's a small laptop; when I bought it, they were described as
"netbooks", though that word has become unfashionable - though such
machines (small laptops with only one main drive and no optical one) are
still being made and sold - increasingly of late with SSDs or eSDs (?)
as the main (only) drive.

Maybe it's one of these:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-3050-micro-desktop/pd

I assume from the name (I haven't clicked) that that's one of those
micro-cubes.

Maybe. But it wouldn't be my choice.

No, not mine either. Nor that I don't think they're capable of being
adequately-spec'd computers; just that the need to add keyboard, mouse,
and in particular monitor rather defeats the attraction, and you might
as well go for a laptop (or netbook), and thus at least have
portability.

--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness. -Leo Tolstoy,
novelist and philosopher (1828-1910)