Old June 6th 04, 12:32 AM

Why are you using Fat32 and not Ntfs?
Ensure yr sys is running ok, before connecting any externals.

"Ted K" wrote in message
A7N8X-E Deluxe w/ Antec Sonata case w/ AMD XP2500, two hard drives and
MS XP, about ready to go. Expect to light it up (figureatively
speaking, I hope!) tomorrow or the next day.

My old system has my data files stored on a second hard drive. I
bought an external usb drive enclosure that I plan to use with my old
data hard drive to transfer my files to the new system.

The old system is MS 98SE. Is there any preparation of the old drive
vis-a-vis its temporary removal and use as an external drive on my new
system for the sole purpose of getting my data files transferred? The
format on both systems is FAT 32.

I should point out that I am not very experienced in building a
computer. I did one in 1998 (FIC 2013 MB w/ a plain vanilla case). I
went live with it without a problem. The Asus MB and Sonata case
almost drove me up a wall, but I'm pretty sure that I have everything
wired up OK.

I hope that my idea of using the external drive enclosure will work.
I just want to be sure that there isn't some step that I'm
overlooking..

If I am screwing up with this approach, is there a simple way to
accomplish that data transfer?

TIA
Ted