Old October 24th 03, 03:27 AM
Bob

Default Problems installing Zalman 7000A on Abit KD7

I've just installed a Zalman 7000A heatsink/fan to try to quiet down my
system. Unfortunately when I plug everything back in and power up, the
system only gets power for a few seconds then everything turns off. During
those few seconds all the fans spin up, so everything is plugged in
properly, the system just keeps turning off.

I put back my old heatsink (put the noise protectors back over my ears) and
they system boots up fine. Pheew - not killed it!

Has anyone else managed to get one of these Zalman heatsinks/fans to work
with their ABit KD7 motherboards? I'm thinking maybe it has something to do
with the fan speed or cpu heat protection thingys this motherboard has.

Any suggestions would be great, since I have to take the motherboard out to
reinstall this heatsink (screws screw in from the underneath) and I'd like
to have some idea that could fix it.