Old August 24th 03, 10:45 PM
Michael Kimmer

Balaji V wrote:
Hi:
I used Partition Magic 8 to repartion my hard disk. Now I have ended
up with a structure with two primary partitions (one being hidden). I
want to convert the hidden primary partition to a extended logical
partition. But since the second primary partition is hidden, partition
magic has all the convert and other options disabled for this
partition (it also shows file system as 1F(Hex), but I guess that is
because it is hidden).
Also now I have no extended partition at all on my hard drive.
Any help on how I can convert the hidden primary partition to a
extended logical partition is highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
Balaji V

If you convert the hidden primary partition to a logical, I mean *not* an
extended logical partition, the partition will be converted to a logical
partition, that is a partition that is automatically contained in an
extended partition. You do not need to create an extended partition yourself
with PartitionMagic for the program will do that automatically for you as
soon as you either create a logical partition or convert in your case a
primary partition into a logical one...

I honestly do _not_ know what an extended logical partition is for an
extended partition itself is actually a PRIMARY partition!

--
M.f.G.
Michael Kimmer

"Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
"Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"