Old January 22nd 04, 09:01 PM
Colin Wilson

Current 20GB drive is partitioned C, D, E, F using PM 6.0
Urk. Thats mad.

Yeah. Well, I'm inclined to agree

I don`t know... kids these days - i`ve still use a 20Gb boot drive in 4
partitions (using a newer 80Gb drive as a filestore), and this was a
luxury compared to my old 3.2Gb drive.

That was a luxury compared to... snip waffle

Anyway... back when I ran an Amiga, I had a 20Mb (megabyte) drive split
into 4 partitions when my primary 130Mb (?) drive failed. That was plenty
to run a full gui / multitasking OS etc.

I think it had a faulty cache chip on the drive, so any file transfers
larger than about 300k were liable to be trash, and by keeping data in
smaller partitions I was able to carry on running a successful bulletin
board and still had ~200 files available for download :-p

Ahhhh those were the days :-p