Old April 18th 04, 07:40 AM
baskitcaise

Gaffer wrote:

One more thing. My bios started acting rather strangely a while ago
(changin g things unexpected) and was wondering if there is something in
there that could be affecting my graphics card's performance?

_____
Gaffer

Could be your bios battery on the way out if it is changing things but I
would have expected that to happen on a cold boot not a warm boot.

To check the cards contacts just pull the card out and clean the copper bits
that go into the motherboard.

Also make sure everything is seated down nice and secure, I have seen older
bios chips work there way loose and just need pressing down ( due to the
expansion and contraction with the different heat temps if the machine is
being switched on/off ).

Or it could just be dodgy ram on the card......or anywhere.... if it is
showing this sort of fault on a regular basis then I would let someone with
test gear have a look, it does sound a bit like a hardware fault to me.

--
Mark
Iligitimi Non Carborundum!