Old November 15th 03, 03:47 AM
Octavio

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
: you probably mean tastycomputers.com who are not a member of the better
: business bureau (bbb.org). reseller ratings has had 20 reviews posted on
: them in the last six months which really is just 5 reviews in 4 separate
: areas. of the 5 review dates in the last 6 months, 3 were posted on the
: same day... aren't statistics wonderful? dell has over 605 reviews in
the
: same period and their rating is essentially the same as that of gateway
that
: has only 72 reviews in that same period. tastycomputer does not sell
: monitors and only offer a 7 day money back warranty (and without the
bbb.org
: to act as mediator you best purchase on a credit card so you have some
: recourse). after 7 days and up to 30 days they charge a 15% restocking
: fee... their domain name was created on 2/14/2003. you see no mention of
: their history on their site (it appears that they are brand new). they do
: not offer a toll free number for tech support.
:
: "Octavio" wrote in message
: news:qF0tb.146398$9E1.746785@attbi_s52...
: I am thinking about a switch from Dell Hell and want a really fast and
: dependable understated-looking gaming/video editing PC. Does anyone
here
: have any information on a company called Tasteecomputers.com? I think I
: saw
: some posts in this newsgroup a while ago about them, but I can't find
: their
: website, and I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is it another
: name?
:
: Thanks
: Octavio
:
:

Thanks for the information, Christopher. I found their site and had a
look-see. Looks pretty much like what I've been wanting to buy, as I have a
new 20' LCD monitor that I want to keep anyway. I saw their returns policy
at http://tastycomputers.com/legal.htm and it says a full refund for 30 days
and no mention of a restocking fee. They might have changed it recently.
Anyway, thanks for the corrected name. I'll probably e-mail them over the
weekend to get some more information. I did notice that one of their
resellerratings reviews was from a guy named Glenn who I remember as being a
Gateway guru back in the day when I had a Gateway, and he sounded happy with
them. Maybe I'll e-mail him over the weekend too.

Thanks
Octavio