Old June 14th 05, 11:36 AM
~misfit~

GinTonix wrote:
"David Maynard" kirjoitti viestissä
~misfit~ wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

LOL, only 50% right. I know next-to-nothing about the ZX chipset.
In fact I didn't know it existed. I just saw that it was Slot 1 and
not BX and thought "LX". Must be getting old. :-)
--
~misfit~

The ZX is essentially a slightly skinnied BX chipset, like 2 memory
slots instead of 3 (4 if buffered) for the BX.

And the official max memory amount for ZX is 256MB instead of 768 for
BX. However, e.g. Abit has manufactured a ZX board (ZM6 it was?)
where you can have more. The ZM6 (if it was called that) has three
slots but there were some rules what kind of sticks you could use in
which slots. Can't remember the fitting rules any more, though.

The third slot could only have a single-sided module in it. At least
according to the bit I found out about ZX after realising my faux pas.
--
~misfit~