Old June 12th 05, 03:35 AM
David Maynard

~misfit~ wrote:
David Maynard wrote:

~misfit~ wrote:

I was given an old AT Atrend 6310M (ATC6310M) LX mobo in a pile of
junk. It's such an early model that it didn't even have a retaining
mechanism for the CPU, just a slot. (Remember some of the early
ones?)

It has a jumper for 66/100MHz FSB

Well, no kidding? Now I know of one

Yeah. I was quite surprised. Firstly at managing to find a manual to
download, then at the fact that an LX board could be clocked to 100MHz FSB.
I was under the impression that the BX was the first 100MHZ chipset.

Your impression was right, 'officially'.

As I said, I've never seen an LX that could run 100 Mhz FSB. I've only read
that it was supposedly 'capable' of it (but Intel never supported it or
said it could).

As the
only PII CPUs I have are a 233 and a 450 it was a no-brainer to put the 450
in. I ran prime95 and SETI with it when it was running and it went
faultlessly, *until* the power-saving turned off the monitor.

I thought I'd finally found a board that might be worth putting in this
really well-made full tower AT case I have here. Very nice case, has a door
over the drives, an LED display for CPU speed (set manually) and built like
a brick outhouse. Must have cost a fortune new, I bought it with a
SCSI-based 50Mhz 486 system in it and 256MB (2 x 128) of 72-pin RAM for $10.

Looks like it's time to dump it.

Sounds like one of those only at midnight on tuesdays with a full
moon kind of thing.

Yep, it was indeed.
--
~misfit~