Old June 11th 05, 03:26 AM
David Maynard

~misfit~ wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

LX is a 66 Mhz FSB chipset and although it's theoretically capable of
being clocked at 100Mhz FSB I don't know of any motherboards that did
it.

I was given an old AT Atrend 6310M (ATC6310M) LX mobo in a pile of junk.
It's such an early model that it didn't even have a retaining mechanism for
the CPU, just a slot. (Remember some of the early ones?)

It has a jumper for 66/100MHz FSB

Well, no kidding? Now I know of one

so I fitted a retaining mechanism (it has
holes for one) and a PII450. To my surprise it worked seemingly perfectly at
450MHz. However when the screensaver and monitor power-down kicked in it
wouldn't wake up again and had to be rebooted. I couldn't remedy it at the
time and put it away for a while. When I tried to tackle it again a couple
months later it wouldn't even boot. I spent a couple of hours fiddling with
it and have since given up. shrug

Sounds like one of those only at midnight on tuesdays with a full moon kind
of thing.

It was only spare parts thrown together
anyway, I'd just figured it may have made a semi-useful donation to some
PC-less person if I could have got it running OK.
--
~misfit~