Old July 31st 04, 12:54 AM
Kevin Miller

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:46:37 -0500, "Shawn Barnhart"
wrote:

Can I make a RAID-0 array with unequal sized drives using the Promise
contoller?

I can get away with this in the server/SCSI world with the caveaet that the
array can only be as large as the smallest drive; since I want to stripe a
40 and a 20, I'd only really get 40 gigs of striped space, 20 gigs of the 40
being lost.

I've RTFM and it doesn't say anything about size requirements.

I think you can, but, for example, with one 80 gig drive and one 120
gig drive, the raid controller will only see two drives equal to the
size of the smaller drive, i.e., 160 gigs on your RAID 0 array.

Kevin Miller

"Either way, it is bad for Zathras."