Old December 8th 10, 04:37 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.games.video.nintendo
GameJunkie

Default PSP2 has PS3 quality graphics

On Dec 8, 10:48*am, parallax-scroll wrote:
PSP2 has PS3 quality graphics - report
Wednesday 8-Dec-2010 9:40 AM "As far as graphics are concerned, the
PSP2 is a beast"

27 CommentsThe PSP2 has a graphical output comparable to early PS3
titles, reports are suggesting.

According to an IGN "source" who's had "direct hands-on experience
with the forthcoming handheld", the PSP2 runs with just over half the
PS3's processing power, but a smaller display means that graphical
quality could match the beefy console.

"As far as graphics are concerned, the PSP2 is a beast, packing enough
processing hardware to produce graphics comparable to early
PlayStation 3 titles," says IGN.

"The processor, we're told, is just over half as powerful as the PS3,
though the specific framework of the cores and the clock speed was not
revealed.

"While the device isn't as powerful as the PlayStation 3, its
components should allow it to sufficiently play games of comparable
graphical quality due to the fact that it is rendering to a smaller,
lower-resolution display than a full 1080p HDTV."

The IGN report also supports previous rumours about some of the
device's features. It's said to be bigger than the PSPGo, and to run
downloadable or expandable memory-based games like its predecessor.

It has front and rear facing cameras and two analogue sticks like the
original PSP but they have a concave indent, which should stop your
thumbs slipping off them.

Industry analyst Michael Pachter thinks the PSP2 will be dead on
arrival, but if it packs such a visual punch, would you be tempted?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=279536

For once I agree with Pachter (call security we lost one) , anyway
he's right with the 3DS coming out the PSP2 has little chance of
catching any sales.

I haven't played handhelds since those little football games in the
70's -80's, (with little dots and blips as players) but the 3DS has
enticed me to get a handheld.