Old December 27th 06, 05:30 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Ron Hinds

Default USB Flash drive "Trojan"

I have a friend who bought a SanDisk 2GB Flash drive about a month ago and
it comes with application software (useless, as far as I can tell) that
installs (or maybe just runs?) automatically when you plug in the drive
without even asking if you want it or not. Trying to delete it from the
flash drive appears to work but then it reappears next time you plug it in.
I just received a Kingston 2GB flash drive for Christmas and it, too has
this obnoxious Trojan. Tried repartitioning using Linux and when I plug it
into a Windows system the damn Trojan is still there! Anyone know of a way
to get rid of this unwanted, useless crap?