Old September 19th 15, 10:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default No automatic fan spinups on my very old ATI Radeon 4870 video card in Windows XP Pro SP3?

So far, no lock ups and weirdness with the force fan spin from causal
usage. I have not tried gaming. I rarely game though.

I'm glad all is well.

Yep, we'll see. I am surprised this video card still works well.

I tried the free weekend of Dead Island, I had the same crashes. Argh! I
even manually set the fan to 100%. Same results.

So, I decided to play another old game I used to play: Command & Conquer
3: Kane's Wrath. I had no problems after a couple hours. What the frak?
:/
--
Quote of the Week: "Ants can lift up to 50 times their own weight. And
your monitor is missing. Time to bring out the bugspray." --BBspot's