Old September 15th 15, 09:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

Default No automatic fan spinups on my very old ATI Radeon 4870 videocard in Windows XP Pro SP3?

Interesting. So, your video card's fan actually spin with automatic
settings. So far, no issues with the manual forced fan at 55% (CCC now
shows still at 58%, 67C degrees, and 0% activity as I type this
newsgroup post). Also, my room temperature is in the mid 80s degrees(F)
[about 29.4C degrees for 85F degrees].

That seems ok, considering the room temperature. It might get really bad
if gaming!

You might check the temperature in your worst case scenario, such as HD
video* or Google Maps in Earth mode.

*where the hardware acceleration is working, as in right-clicking in
Flash Player and checking that it's on.

So far, no lock ups and weirdness with the force fan spin from causal
usage. I have not tried gaming. I rarely game though.
--
"Don't even step on an ant." --Greek
this signature correctly.