Old May 1st 11, 03:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

Default 92mm vs. 90mm Case Fan

On Apr 30, 11:30*am, Daddy wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade the case fan in my Studio XPS 8100.

The existing case fan is a Foxconn PVA092G12M. There's scant information
available from a Google search; this is either a 90mm fan or a 92mm fan.
My question is: Does it matter whether I use 90mm or 92mm? It's 2 lousy
millimeters.

I'm only asking because there are hardly any 90mm fans on Newegg - and
none with 3 pins, but there are tons of 92mm models.

Daddy

I don't understand "upgrade". A fan that blows more cubic feet per
minute? Or simply a replacement fan for one that does not work as
well any more? If the latter, just get another new one per its Dell
part number... Ben Myers